Restore Counseling Center provides a distinctly Christian approach to treating addictions to drugs or alcohol. We support both the individual addict, their marriages, and broader family members. We provide assessments for uncertain family members and teen addiction services. You don’t have to struggle alone or wonder how to deal with this problem in your family.
What Addictions Counseling is Like
We are often afraid of an interaction just like this:
The doctor says, “Do you want to know what’s wrong with you? I’ll tell you what’s wrong with you. You have asthma, and you ought to be ashamed of yourself.”
No competent physician would ever say that sort of thing to a patient. Any patient would rather hear:
“It looks like you are having difficulty breathing…. and there are some things we can do to help.”
When you come to Restore Counseling Center, you may be concerned that the use of alcohol or drugs may be causing difficulties in your life. If so, you will meet with a professional counselor trained and experienced in identifying conditions that point to a possible alcohol or drug use disorder. The counselor will also assure you there are things we can do to help. Most importantly, you will discover yourself talking with someone genuinely interested in you and what you have to say. At Restore Counseling Center, we deeply care!
How to determine if you have an alcohol or drug use disorder:
- Have you thought you ought to cut down on your use of alcohol or drugs?
- If someone brings up the subject of your drinking or drug use, do you become annoyed or angry?
- Do you sometimes feel remorseful about drinking?
- Have you ever drank or used drugs to ward off the effects of last night’s drinking?
- Most importantly, do things that trouble you seem less troublesome while you’re drinking, but always return when you abstain?
If you answer yes to any of the above, it may be time to look into your situation with the help of a therapist at Restore Counseling Center.